Here’s an idea for a Thanksgiving or holiday party centerpiece: a DIY pumpkin ice bucket. Entertaining and lifestyle influencer Eden Passante—known by her followers as Sugar & Charm—has teamed up with prosecco brand La Marca on some tips for fall/holiday entertaining.
Passante suggests filling the pumpkin ice bucket with 187-ml. bottles of La Marca, but minis of any sparkling wine will be fun and festive. Here’s how to make one.
1) Choose a large white pumpkin.
2) Using pumpkin carving tools, start about 5 inches from the top and cut around the entire pumpkin. You want the opening of the pumpkin to be large to fit a medium bowl.
3) Remove the top of the pumpkin and then scoop out all of the seeds and gooeyness!
4) Grab a medium bowl that will fit inside the pumpkin. Using the carving tool, cut around the inside of the pumpkin rim if you need more room to fit the bowl.
5) Once the bowl is in place, fill it with crushed ice.
6) Place mini bottles of prosecco or any sparkling wine in the ice to cool.
7) Refill the ice periodically throughout the party.
Here’s a seasonal prosecco cocktail from Sugar & Charm; to make as a punch, change oz. to cups.
- 3 oz. La Marca prosecco
- 1 oz. Pomegranate juice
- ¼ oz. Rosemary ginger simple syrup
- ¼ oz. Gin
- Combine ingredients in a glass with ice.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and pomegranate seeds.