This gin cocktail from The Ski Lodge in Las Vegas uses a kumquat simple syrup.
- ¾ oz. Kumquat simple syrup
- ¾ oz. Fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. Cocchi Americano
- 1 oz. Gin
- 5 drops Saline 1:10 ratio of salt to water
- 5 mint leaves
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients.
- Shake quickly 2-3 times.
- Pour into a double rocks glass.
- Garnish with cucumber around the glass and mint bouquet around a kumquat in the center.
For kumquat simple syrup: Add 100g. of sliced kumquats to 1000 ml. of simple syrup. Seal in a cryovac bag and steam cook at 158 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Mixologist Leo Robitschek created this recipe for The Ski Lodge in Las Vegas.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!