Whether you’re Irish or not, St. Patrick’s Day tends to be a big day for celebrating. Green attire, corned beef and cabbage, beer and Irish whiskey are all typically part of the March 17 festivities.
The holiday lends itself to specialty cocktails as well. Green drinks are an obvious choice for a St. Paddy’s Day party, but you can also take some of the classics and incorporate an Irish spin. Here are a few ideas for this year and a few green drink recipes from our archives.
- Warm mug with hot water for at least 20 seconds then discard water.
- Add all ingredients except cream and stir briefly.
- Gently layer whipped cream over the top; it should be fluid enough to flow thickly not stiff peaks.
- Grate nutmeg over the top and serve.
- 1 ½ parts Jameson Orange Irish whiskey
- ½ parts Lime juice
- ½ parts Triple Sec
- ½ parts Cranberry juice
- Mix all ingredients in cocktail shaker.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist
- 1 oz. Proper No. Twelve Irish whiskey
- ½ oz. Creme de cacao
- ½ oz. Creme de menthe
- 1 oz. Heavy cream
- Combine ingredients and shake.
- Strain over crushed ice.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and/or mint sprig.
- ½ oz. Koloa Kauaʻi gold rum
- ¼ oz. Blue Curaçao
- 2 oz. Orange juice
- 4-5 oz. Champagne
- Add orange juice and rum mixture to the glass and let settle slowly.
- Pour the champagne to fill the glass.
- Gently pour the blue Curaçao into the glass, letting it slide down the inside edge.
- 2 parts The Irishman Founder’s Reserve Irish whiskey
- 1 part Raspberry pureé
- 1 part Fresh lemon juice
- ¾ part Egg white or aquafaba chickpea water
- Combine ingredients and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with 3 dried rose buds.
- 1 oz. Clonakilty Double Oak Irish whiskey
- 1 oz. Honey liqueur
- ¼ oz. Simple syrup
- ½ oz. Fresh orange juice
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Add ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake until well chilled.
- Strain into rocks glass over fresh ice.
- 1 oz. Vodka
- ½ oz. Coconut rum
- ½ oz. Midori melon liqueur
- Splash of pineapple juice
- Combine vodka, rum and liqueur in a shaker and shake.
- Strain into chilled Martini glass.
- Add a squeeze fresh lime and splash of pineapple juice.