This gin-based Mardi Gras-themed cocktail from the chef at Delta Meat Market in Cleveland, MS, has a lovely purple color.
- 1 ½ oz. Empress Gin 1908
- ½ oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- ½ oz. Lavender simple syrup*
- 1 oz. Lemon juice
- 1 oz. Egg white
- 2-3 oz. Lemon soda
- Add ingredients (except soda) to a cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain out ice into another shaker or glass and shake again without, ice making a stiff foam.
- Pour into a Collins glass or large stemless Champagne glass.
- Submerge cocktail spoon into glass gently — avoid stirring or disturbing foam.
- Then, pour lemon soda down the spoon so as not to disturb the foam. The foam should rise just above the rim of the glass.
- Remove the bar spoon and garnish with green nasturtium flower and lemon.
1 cup Water
3 tbsps. Dried lavender buds
2 cups Sugar
15 each Violet flowers (butterfly pea flowers), not necessary but makes the vibrant purple color for this Mardi Gras-themed cocktail In a small saucepan bring water and flowers to a boil. Reduce heat and stir in sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat. Add pea flowers and allow to steep for 30 min. Once cool, strain and bottle in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated for up to a week. Chef Cole Ellis of Delta Meat Market in Cleveland, MS, created this recipe.