This recipe was created by Pedro Procida, the food and beverage director at The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills hotel.
The Espresso Old Fashioned is my go-to cocktail because it’s the best of both of my two favorite things: espresso and a classic Rye Old Fashioned. It’s easy to make, and I am all about keeping drinks less complicated and allowing the main ingredients to speak for themselves working together and not drown each other out.
- 2 oz. Dickel rye
- ¼ oz. Simple syrup
- ¼ oz. Espresso
- 5-6 dashes Angostura bitters
- Orange and lemon twist garnish
- Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice..
- Stir quickly, allowing the ice to melt slightly to cool down any spice left in the drink.
- Pour into a rocks glass over a large ice cube while straining out the rest of the ice with a julep strainer.
- Garnish with orange and lemon zest peels.